12.03.2009

Moment 898: Coffee with Charley

This is going to be short and really it's just a post to remind me that I need to get into this era of my story.

Last Saturday, after pulling a shift at NBC, I met up with Charley for some coffee- but we never found a coffee place that was open. So we ended up going back to his sister's place (where he was shacking up) and had some pasta and beer.

We talked about a lot of shit but of course we always led back to our time at American Journal.

Now- the situation at AJ was the most fucked up, crazy, unbelievable shit you could ever think of. Really. I'm not joking.
But that was an awesome introduction into what it would be like to edit in NYC. It was so extreme! Everyone was a character in that tent and I miss every single...well, MOST of them- immensely.

Charley and I talked late into the evening about that place, where sleeves were chewed and the bodies of feinted P.A.s were casually stepped over in the name of journalism.

Yes.

I must recant some of that stuff here and I will. Daunting as the task may be.

No comments: