In fact- I get off on chicks named "Kim" 'cause I'm narcissistic like that.
Just kidding.
Seriously. I had a massive thing for Kim and I really can't tell you how I met her or anything like that. She wasn't in ROTC- Or was she? Maybe for a year-
She was a year younger than me AND she was in with the "cool kids" pretty much- because she was a total hottie.
Kim was Asian, petite, with a huge smile and warm eyes. She was just a nice person.
Again, I don't know HOW it came about that I was hanging around with her but we hung A LOT.
I used to go to her house which was completely out of my neighborhood back in some new developments on the other side of Marbach Rd.
It would take me about 30-40 minutes to walk over to her hood.
Man, I don't even know what I would be doing over there! Just hanging and what not.
We would listen to The Police because I was such a Police fan and she would tell me how much she was in love with Sting- each word would be stinging me right in the chest 'cause I didn't have nothing in common with Sting- OR that dude Corey Hart- You know, the "I wear my sunglasses at night" guy? Yeah, she liked him too.
Hated that motherfucker and his damn glasses. What kind of a dumbass wears sunglasses when the sun ain't out? Anyway.
If she was my Molly Ringwald, I was her John Cryer. Although, I'd like to think I was cooler than the Duck but truly, I wasn't. Heh.
Now this is terrible... I was going to work for Kim's mom as she owned a resturaunt in a little plaza area. It seems her mom wanted to fire her dishwasher and I would be filling that job.
I was anxious to get to work too. On the day that I was to show up, for some reason I could not find the place and ended up not going.
I called Kim and apologized and she said it was cool- Her mom would see me a few days later.
But that day never came to pass because the dishwasher ended up stabbing her mother to death in one of the most gruesome murders in the area. Real Bad Shit, yo.
I was there for Kim- totally. And I felt responsible somehow, too. Definitely bad shit.
Looking back, I never truly understood what she was going through but now I kinda know- How do you do that as a kid?
Kim lived with her dad after that- and I think he liked that I spent time with her as he was always working and whatnot. He must have sensed that there was no way I was going to be taking advantage of his little girl.
Yeah. So I would hang with Kim. Sometimes her friend Laurie would come over. It was cool and different from hanging with the dudes back on my block- but mostly it was crush time.
I remember one time being over there with the two of them and we decided to make something to eat that involved onions and the three of us dove for the onions at the same time because we all wanted to dice them. Hah. Weird memory but one that I often think about when I dice onions.
I digress.
It came to a point where ROTC was gonna have their Military Ball and I of course asked Kim to go with me. She said YES! Damn, I was happy.
I took all these extra shifts at "Jim's" as a busboy so's I would have the extra ducats to have a good time.
She drove and we went to the Ball and blew it up. There was food and dancing (which was my forte-) it was all pretty formal though and it broke up early.
I was happy as hell with that- but we had planned to go somewhere afterwards so I switched outta my Class A uniform and Kim was like, "You ready to go somewhere else?"
so I said, "Yeah!"
She wanted to take me to "Image".
"What's Image?" I said.
"It's a teen club."
Teen club? That don't even sound right but before you know it we were pulling up in front of this place with a buncha teens hanging out on the outside. We went in and it was like walking onto the set of an 80's teen movie with the exception of the dance floor which was an exact replica of the dance floor in "Staying Alive".
We ripped that floor up. I will never forget the freaky dance moves people did back then. This one kid was dressed completely in white- A big white suit that made him look like a member of Talking Heads- and he did this dance move where, every now and again, he would just pose with his arms out in front of himself and turn real slow. Funny as hell. But Deep man. DEEP.
So. The terrible thing about that night is after all the partying and Taco Cabana- The work I did all week finally caught up to me and I was nodding in and out of sleep on the way home. I got a peck goodnight and that was it. D'oh!
Hanging with Kim also meant that I got to know some of the cool kids, so I kinda hung with them too.
Once she set up this HUGE party where ALL the kids came. Laurie and I helped her set it up. There were people EVERYWHERE. There was all kinds of alcohol and out-of-control-ness.
The cops came and broke us up- TWICE.
That party put Kim on the map completely.
Kim and I were separated by life as she was a year younger than me and I was out in the real world while she was a Senior. I saw her every now and again because I still had some ties to other people in her class but it was rare.
A year or two later we met up somehow and she was living in her own apartment. She had a boyfriend but he wasn't living with her. We caught up. She had changed her name from Kim and apparently been through a thing or two.
She took some pics of me and poof- I never saw her again.
I don't remember exactly why I had her take some shots of me- I think I was trying to enter some modeling contest- but here are a few of the pics...

Total 80's here, man. Damn!

Total 80's again! But this time from the worm's eye view.

Aaaaand Sexy 80's! Get ya'lls mind outta the gutter! All we did is take pictures and I ONLY have my shirt off.
I shoulda bought some muscles before I took this shot!
No comments:
Post a Comment